Monday, March 14, 2011

London Calling

I won't even lie to you, today I accidentally missed Pyschology. See, I had woken up early to finish up a paper which (as always) took longer than expected. Then my Internet frazzled out and it took me 20 minutes to print the thing. Needless to say, I'm a mess and it's only nine in the morning. But I digress. So I missed class and found myself with an hour of free time. Granted most of it will be taken up by showering, trying not to look like a mess and eating waffles but do you know what I did with the rest of that time? I Google-map stalked this place. (Am I the only one who does that? Plunk that little yellow person down and stalk the places that I love? Maybe I am a creep :x)


My old London home. And I miss it. I don't think I realized quite how much until just today, 'strolling' down the virtual street and taking in the sights that are still so familiar. It's only been three months but I'm ready to get back. I don't know know if it was the people or the experiences or what contributed to a truly unforgettable semester but all I know is that I'm ready. Pack me up and ship me off.

I absolutely adore Texas, don't get me wrong but there's something about London that has my heart, too and I'll tell you it's not the outrageously priced everything over there or cold and foggy weather.

I never had a bucket list but I think writing one might be pretty cool and to start it off, here's something: Live in London again. Even if it's just for a month. Even if it becomes a few years. I want to go back and get my fill of the city.

I'll probably be all nostalgic today which will hopefully keep me sane in the midst of what promises to be a HORRIBLY HECTIC WEEK. Caps for emphasis.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment