Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

It's time. It's time for that 'goodbye 2010, hello 2011' post that seem to be all the rage right now. So far, I've spent 2011 in the company of good friends, good family and stabbing myself continuously with a sewing needle as I try to finish up J's Christmas present. I am, actually, that un-domestic. Anyway, as I've already kind of reflected, I've decided to type up my New Years' Resolutions so that they exist somewhere in the world, so that I don't completely forget what they are.

Last year, my one resolution was to be more like Sherlock Holmes. To learn marksmanship, self-defense and pick up the basics of another language or two. I am sad to say that none of these things happened. But if there ever was a time for re-invention, it would be the turning of a new calendar page and, with that in mind, here I go.

1. Go to the gym AT LEAST twice a week M-F and once on the weekend. Maybe three times during the week if I know my weekend's going to be busy.

2. Study for the LSAT. Then, subsequently, take the LSAT.

3. Apply to at least 4 law schools, in order to have choices.

4. Get 75% done with my thesis.

5. Finish writing my book and send it's query letter off to the agenting world.

6. Get an internship I'll actually enjoy.

7. Give respect to those who deserve it; patient tolerance to those who don't. Going along with that, refuse to be anything other than who I am. Surround myself only with people who's company I truly enjoy.

8. Keep the love of life that London's re-instilled in me. Appreciate the value of every single day and know, that, in the end, it's going to be a good life.

I won't lie, while I usually don't listen to much of their stuff, OneRepublic's song, Good Life, pretty much seems up the vibe and core of what I'm trying to accomplish this year. What I'm going to strive to always remember. Because, if I can do that, then the rest of the resolutions, I sincerely believe, will come easier. I'll let the lyrics speak for themselves. Happy new year, everyone :]

Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in the city near Piccadilly 
Don't really know how I got here, I've got some pictures on my phone
New names and numbers that I don't know,
addresses to places like Abbey road
Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want, we're young enough to say

Oh, this is gonna be a good life, this is gonna be a good life
This could really be a good life, good life
I say, "Oh, got this feeling that you can't fight," like the city is on fire tonight
This could really be a good life, a good, good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment