Friday, January 14, 2011

Settling In

In the past week, I've moved into my apartment at University, been reunited with people I haven't seen since the summer and have started school. As far as education goes, it's going to be an obscenely rough semester. It's the semester of too many hours, the thesis, the LSAT and hopefully a job even though that's not really looking up for me right now. Another stresser I've come into the semester with, and I don't know if I've ever written about it here, is the phantom pain in my lady region that's been bothering me since September. September. Why haven't I gotten it fixed, you may ask? Well, I went off to London and the doctors just couldn't figure out what it was. I've been seeing my home doctor and she gave me some medicine to eliminate some common causes. One of these medicines is a cream that is probably one of the least pleasant things I've ever experienced and I have an appointment next weekend to see if it worked. Fingers crossed, folks! Because if it didn't, we gotta keep lookin'. (And for those of you who are worried about this: I've had a full STD panel and it is none of them so we're in the clear there). J's been wonderful at supporting me and he even drives me to my appointments since it's about two and a half hours away.

In other news, I've been trying to settle into the rhythm of classes. It's not too hard now, since, ever since my evil roommate fiasco, the number of friends I have at university has significantly plummeted. But you know what? I don't really mind. They were all people I was never really that close, too and people who never once bothered to ask for my side of the story, preferring to believe that I was as horrible as my ex-roommate would have them believe. It used to bother me but I think I can successfully say that I've let that all go.

I've also become obsessed with this place:

(Google images)

The closest one is an hour and a half away but that didn't stop M and I from going twice this past week. They also have 50 cent hot dogs which is just incredible. Can you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment