Monday, September 5, 2011

Wedge and Veg

So I normally don't post recipes for 'real food' because cooking's J's thing. Not mine. I'm more the baker in the relationship BUT tonight, I stumbled across something delicious that I just have to share. My friends, I present: Wedge and Veg.

I'll admit, the recipe's not really mine. When I lived in London, I saw one of my flatmates making this one night and it was so good, I bugged her for the recipe when I came back to the States. I made it once and it didn't turn out so well but I made it again and goodness. gracious. That is all.

So how do you do it?
Cut up as many potatoes as you want any way you want. (See? Not a very good recipe writer). I cut up four Yukon golds in both cube and wedge shapes.
Next, cut up whatever vegetables you want in it. I went for red pepper in wedge shape.
Spread the root vegetables onto a baking sheet covered in foil.
Then, drizzle olive oil over them before adding paprika and curry powder (to taste but you want more rather than less)
Let bake at 425 for about 25 minutes.

THE VEG:
I went ahead and put my pepper into a bowl where I mixed in the spices and the oil. After the potatoes were in for 25 minutes, I put the pepper on top and let it bake for another 15 minutes.

The result?
and it is so delicious, it is just ridiculous. I made it as a snack but I'll probably end up inhaling the whole thing in about an hour.

I'm sorry the recipe is so... lacking but I had to get this out into the universe. You'll thank me for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment