Saturday, December 31, 2011

Recap

It must seem strange, spending the last few hours of 2011 relatively alone but that's just like 2011 for you, teaching until the very end. It's been a certifiably insane year. Let's recap, shall we?

January
Moving back from London was crazy and stressful and, after the excitement of coming back had worn off, I was left coping with reverse culture shock and a feeling of loneliness I just couldn't shake. It was clear that everyone had moved on and I was glad I had J to count on. There were obsessions with IKEA and red wine that came and went with the seasons.





February
Valentine's day and celebrating 1 and a half years with J were wonderful, even though I can't remember what we did. It snowed a lot and I became obsessed with baking.



March
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at Buffalo Wild Wings which had become something of a tradition. I became obsessed with sno-cones and we celebrated my little brother's 11th birthday.





April
We started the tradition of Wednesday night game nights which always involved funky themes like 'Pursuit of Pie' (we baked pie and played trivial pursuit) or 'I Spy a Pizza' (we made our own pizzas and played some clearance version of Clue).



May
The world's most stressful semester came to an end and J and I got to dress up and go out on the town with one of my best friends in the entire world. The month wrapped up with a trip to El Salvador and a Mother's Day/Sister's 16th celebration.



June
J and I got the chance to relax! My family took a trip to San Antonio. I also went to take the LSAT which went... alright.



July
My roommate, J and I started summer school (PE for me!) and my brother came to visit! We also went to a Katy Perry concert very randomly, and went to the last Harry Potter midnight premiere! We added a super adorable addition to our little apartment family (Even though he ultimately went to live at my home-home). Finally, there were random roadtrips with the best friend that made July fly by!







August
We celebrated Meelz's 21st birthday and J and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary :) On a sadder note, school started again.



September
September marked the beginning of football season and more roadtrips!


October
J and I were broken up for a while but this is the month we got back together, just in time for my birthday! School was insane (per usual) and we celebrated a low-key Halloween.




November
Thanksgiving was probably the highlight of the month! Though J and I did take a MOAS-related trip to San Antonio where he encountered what is probably the largest burrito of all time. J and I also popped on over to Austin to visit Amanda AND there were general good times to be had.





December
We wrapped up the semester, I fell in love with a stray cat and we celebrated Christmas :) Lastly, I got my wisdom teeth out but that REALLY wasn't a highlight haha


It was a blissfully uneventful year and I know that 2012 is going ot be a whirlwind of changes. There will be finishing law school applications, (hopefully) getting accepted, graduating, moving to whatever city will be my next home, STARTING law school, settling in and hoping those I love most stick around and that the thick skin 2011 granted me helps me in the year to come. I hope for it to be a year of spontaneous adventure, too much love and laughter, permeating gratefulness, lots of pictures and unwavering courage in the face of all the change.

Happy new year everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment