Monday, December 5, 2011

Books to Movies

I went to film camp. I know all about turning books into movies and how it's a different medium and I know that inevitably, things get changed along the way. The one thing I can never bring myself to like about books that are turned into movies is the way they erase what you had previously imagined the characters to look like. I've recently started reading the Hunger Games, knowing full and well there was a movie due out next year. Just today, I decided to peek around some pictures to see if they lined up at all with what I was thinking. And they didn't :( Jennifer Lawrence is a great girl I'm sure but she is not nearly ANYTHING like how I imagined olive-skinned, black-haired Katniss. Probably because she's blue-eyed and fair-skinned. Peeta is pretty accurate since there's only so many ways to picture an adorable blonde boy but the one casting I am not prepared to accept is Cinna. I'm sure Lenny Kravitz will do a great job but this is my Cinna:


His description:

Most people who live in the Capitol follow very absurd fashion trends. This is not the case for Cinna. The first time he is seen in the book, he is described as wearing a simple black shirt with matching pants. His one strange fashion choice is gold eyeliner, which brings out the gold flecks in his green eyes and which Katniss describes as attractive. Other than that, Cinna looks very normal, with close-cropped natural dark brown hair.

It will probably be the reason I can't bring myself to see the movie. I refuse to have my Peter Facinelli look-alike, young, well put-together Cinna taken away from me. Can't you guys see it? Or am I just crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment