Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Way Back Wednesday: Paris

I was poking through my e-mail earlier, trying to figure out what books I had rented from where, when I came across a confirmation that reminded me, a year ago today, J and I were headed back from this great place:


We were only there for a few short days and our entire trip was tainted with these term papers that hung over our head but we managed to see a bit of the city:






I had always heard that the French were notoriously rude but we didn't experience any bit of that. Everyone we met had helpful directions or nice things to say to us! This might have been due party to the fact that we were pretending to be from a Spanish-speaking country but I think more of it had to do with the fact that we made genuine attempts to understand their cultures and learn a few basic phrases, like "Please" and "Thank you", "good evening/afternoon", "hello and goodbye" and things like that since the French are apparently big fans of manners :) And it was a wonderful trip!

The only crazy part was that we were staying in a hostel and we met two fun Australians who went on a bar crawl. They invited us our first night there and we politely declined BUT, later that night, they came back and started throwing up ALL OVER THE PLACE. So gross :( It turns out there was all this drama that went down (They were a couple) but I really couldn't get over the vomit part. I am one of the most easily disgusted people in the world. That's 60% of the reason I don't stay in hostels anymore.

But Paris is every bit as beautiful as people would have you believe :) And it is possible to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, a Christmas Village, Champs-Elysees and a few museums in a weekend :) I'll leave you guys with this video of a sparkling Eiffel Tower to end this flashback!

No comments:

Post a Comment