Sunday, February 12, 2012

Confession Time

Truth be told- I never learned how to braid my hair. I have no idea how I've lived my life without knowing such an important skill but I had gotten along just fine-- or so I thought. This Thursday, I'm performing in a song/dance revue and my character hair was pigtail braids. Fine, I figured. How hard could it be to learn?

I watched upwards of 10 YouTube videos:

And spent about 2 1/2 hours trying to get those two dang braids right. Eventually, I got them to look ALL RIGHT, with the sort of lose braids and wind-blown hair type of look but of course, the powers that be wanted them starting at the top of my head and ten times tighter than what I could accomplish. I ended up having to ask a friend to do my hair. But now I have a decent idea of how to braid! Has anyone else gone through life without knowing a necessary girl-skill or am I the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment