Friday, December 31, 2010

Retrospective

While a lot of people spend New Year's Eve preparing for a new year, figuring out what they're going to do to make this year better than the last, I am choosing to honor the passing of what was a pretty good year with a list! I normally don't do lists because I freeze up and forget what I meant to put down but I'm hoping to succeed this time around. So, without further ado, The Bests & Worsts of 2010. [Please note, they are not ranked in any particular order]

Best
1. The European Escapades that branched from September to December. 

2. The cruise I was able to take in March with the best friend.

3. Another year of being surrounded with my wonderful family and friends.

4. J and mine's 6-month celebration

5. My family's vacation to New York which, sadly, I have no pictures of because my sister's hoarding them all. Truth.

Worst
1. The little guy's month-after-month medical procedures, which, ultimately left him completely blind and with one eye.


2. This. And it's repercussions.

3. My less-than-enjoyable bout with the swine flu.

4. My less-than-enjoyable, still undiagnosed, still incredibly painful... well, pain, in my lady region. 4 months later and it continues to wage war on the rest of me.

5. The still on-going divorce of J's parents. I know this doesn't affect me personally but it affects someone I love.

I know that, all in all, I've been incredibly lucky this year. Save for a few mishaps, nothing really bad has happened to me and I know there are a lot of people who couldn't say the same. But for everyone, good year or bad year aside, the year has little time left. 3 hours and 10 minutes according to my computer, who hasn't felt the need to adjust to Central time; 9 hours and 10 minutes for me. So even if this year has wronged you, has stabbed you in the back or has been your best friend, it'll be important to face 2011 as a completely new entity. It hasn't done anything to merit anyone's hatred or distaste. It's a new shot for all of us. Thank. Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment