Thursday, November 17, 2011

Way Back Wednesday: Class Songs

SO, when I was a senior in high school, we got to vote from 4 songs which one we wanted to be our class songs. Two of them were country and I, not being the biggest of country music fans, automatically eliminated those. I ended up voting for Here's to the Night by Eve 6. It was the only song I had actually heard and I felt like it really summed it high school. Great nights, great friends and having to say goodbye to it before I felt I was ready (Here's to goodbye, tomorrow's gonna come too soon). It really IS a good song and I would encourage everyone to listen:



They were going to announce the song at prom and, when it finally started to play... I didn't recognize it. I know it is SUCH a well-known song but I guess I was out of the loop. My date and the bff and at least half of our table jumped out of their seats and started screaming along, air microphones and all. I wish I had thought to get a picture of it or SOMETHING, it was so entertaining :) I liked it right away but it wasn't until I got to college that I really started to appreciate it. For some reason, it was all the rage my freshman year and was ALWAYS playing on the radio. It was probably the soundtrack to my first semester at college haha And even now, it comes on often enough and we always sing, air mikes included.

I have decided, some 4 years later, that I like this song better than the other one. To clarify, I like it better as a class song. Yes, high school was about incredible times that ended but that song was entirely about looking back. This song is about look forward. It's honest (some will win, some will lose), it's hopeful (hold on to that feeling...) and it is just TOO fun to dance to :) And for some reason, everytime I hear those chords kicking off the song, I think about that hilarious moment at prom, the excitement of graduating high school and shipping off to college and now, the excitement of graduating college and launching off into the world :)



Thank you, class of 2008, for being FAR better song pickers than I was :) And just for fun, I'm going to throw in a few 'action' shots of prom. Disregard all of the pairings and things. Predictably, they've all broken up AND, fun fact, the girl in the last picture, (hereby referred to as the BFF) is now engaged to a sweet man who loves her (not pictured.) Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment